Athletic Rehabilitation Therapy Ireland (ARTI) was established in 2009 by a group of Athletic Therapists, Physiotherapists and Sports Medicine Doctors. We are the governing body responsible for the promotion, regulation and continued education of Certified Athletic Therapists (CATs) in Ireland. Currently we have over 350 members and have great hopes for significant growth in 2021.
ARTI is made up of a dedicated team of volunteers working to advance the profession.
Who Are We and What Do We Do?
- President - Head of Organisation
- Vice President - Supports President; Acts as Head in absence of President
- Treasurer - Supervision/Administration/Reporting of Finances
- Vice Treasurer - Supports Treasurer; Acts as Treasurer in absence
- Secretary - Administration
- Vice Secretary - Supports Secretary; Acts as Secretary in absence
- Public Relations Officer - Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising
- Vice Public Relations Officer - Supports PRO; Acts as PRO in absence
Marketing Contractor (Marketing/Advertising, Manages Social Media Platforms):
Since the AT profession is still in its infancy in Ireland. ARTI has worked and continues to work very hard for national recognition & regulation.
What have we been up to?
- Website Development & continual improvement; this investment allows the Executive Board to spend less time on administration and enhances membership experience. A huge undertaking that is also an education tool for the public.
- Major overhauling of our financial systems (a special mention to Niamh Taaffe for her immeasurable contribution).
- First virtual ARTI exam & a record high exam attendees (a special thanks to Sinead O’Keefe here).
- The new Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) between ARTI, BOC, CATA and BASRAT is at an advanced stage and it is hoped that it will be finalised soon. A huge amount of work has gone into this.
- HSE Recognition of ARTI members to be added to the COVID-19 Vaccination List for Frontline Healthcare Workers.
- Continually delivering evidence based, public serving social media content.